Peppermint makes a fantastic aroma for the holidays!
So I have to admit, I was a little surprised with the intuitive message I received for this months aroma. I really believed it would be the inspiring and soft scent of Pine. But as I sat in meditation the powerhouse of Peppermint showed up again and again. Later, as I reflected on my knowledge of peppermint and it’s energetic value I began to realize exactly how perfect this aroma is for December. Here is why…
This month we will explore the scent of Peppermint. This crisp cooling aroma is a perfect reflection of winter. When you come in contact with peppermint it even feels like a cool winters breeze. This powerful aroma invokes, understanding and appreciation. Peppermint is great to use when life gets busy as it will help individuals find focus, increase awareness and encourage mindfulness. Are you beginning to see why this is the perfect aroma for this month? Me too… BUT WAIT that’s not all! Oh, there is so much more to this spectacular scent. Peppermint has the ability to guide you out of the mind trap of having to “get it all done” and putting you into a state of allowing life to unfold exactly as it needs to be. No longer having to be in control. But rather being one who can mindfully participate in the celebrations that life holds. WOW how cool is that? During the busy holiday season could the magic of peppermint REALLY save me from falling victim to the old mantra of “get’er done” and pull me UP to just simply allowing everything to BE? Oh yes, I will take an order of that! I think I’ll be immersing myself in the energy of peppermint anyway I can get it this month! This uplifting aroma can also help create a refreshing renewed energy to an individual or space. So I say hail to the to the powerhouse of peppermint!
Emotional & Energetic Healing: Peppermint encourages Self-acceptance, concentration, vitality, vibrancy, understanding and appreciation.
Healing properties of Peppermint include: Analgesic (pain relieving), antiseptic, stimulant, expectorant, digestive.
You can use peppermint in variety of ways this month. Here are a few of my favorites:
1. Let’s face it, driving during the holiday season can get a bit stressful. More traffic, everyones rushing, parking spaces are few and far between, stores are more crowded. I say put a few drops of peppermint oil on a cotton ball and place it in your car to keep you calm and refreshed during the holiday travel season. Everyone around you will wonder what your secret it.
2. Put a 6-8 drops in a spray bottle fill the rest up with water and spritzer it around any space that needs upliftment, understanding, or a new energy. Added bonus is you will also be cleaning the air around you!
3. Make your own sea salt bath scrub and use Peppermint essential oil as your aroma. Here is an easy recipe to make your own:
1 mason jar with a lid ( I like to use a 16oz jar)
1 cup of sea salt
2 tablespoons of baking soda (optional, but it’s great for softening the skin)
1/3 cup of carrier oil I like to use Safflower oil or Sunflower oil as they tend to be less sticky)
Peppermint essential oil
1 stirring stick
combine sea salt and baking soda into jar and mix. Add 6-8 drops of peppermint essential oil (a little goes a long way. You can always add more if needed but be careful as skin irritation can occur as well as cold sweats from using to much. Trust me, I know this from experience). Use stirring stick and and mix well. Place a lid on the jar and give it a shake for 30 seconds and then let it sit for 5 minutes. Stir in carrier oil of your choice and incorporate it through out. If you need to add a little more oil to keep the blend moist then do so.
You will get plenty of showers out of this recipe and will likely last your through the month. Enjoy!
4. How about a soothing cup of peppermint tea? My favorite is Yogi brand “purely peppermint”. I always feel brand new after sipping on this.
5. Do you love hot chocolate? Next time add a peppermint tea bag to your cup of hot chocolate. It’s the best of both worlds… you can thank me later.
I hope you have a new appreciation and understanding of peppermint. Have fun with it and enjoy your celebrations this month!