Experience the deep majesty of Antelope Canyon. The deep rich colors and geological formations will leave you speechless as you trek through one of the most beautiful slot canyons in the world.
4 Days/ 3 Nights March 22nd-April 25th, 2018
This Women’s only Adventure Trek will take you through some of the most amazing and magical areas of Antelope Canyon and the surrounding areas. Join us for this 4-day and 3-night adventure taking you to spectacular scenic areas including Horseshoe bend which happens to be one of the most photographic areas on the Colorado River. We will also take a leisurely boat ride on lake Powell giving you an up close view of the color and geological formations of lower lake Powell. After exploring the lake you will have an amazing opportunity to walk through one of the most beautiful and majestic slot canyons in the world known as lower Antelope Canyon. But the trip won’t end there, we will continue on our adventure with a hike through part of the Grand Escalante Staircase along the Moab. Enjoy some yoga in this magical land and amazing photographic opportunities. This trip is sure to be awe inspiring with its beauty and essence.
Centrally located to all of our attractions we will be staying in Page Arizona our accommodations will be in the comfort of the Best Western Hotel near Antelope Canyon and in downtown, the hotel provides excellent amenities, quality service and a great location for the hotel’s guests. Page, AZ offers stunning mountain vistas and canyons, lush hanging gardens and gorgeous Lake Powell. It’s nice to know that after a day of sightseeing you can come back to the hotel and simply relax. Guests enjoy complimentary high-speed, wireless Internet access, an outdoor pool and a free Breakfast Bar.
Lisa Hecke and Heather Janesky have over 8 years experience in leading retreats and adventure treks in the US and abroad. They both have deep love and passion for yoga and the outdoors. They fell in love with Antelope Canyon after taking a trip there and are so excited to bring this experience to you.
Here is a sampling of the itinerary and what is included with weather permitting:
Daily Moderate hiking/ sight seeing:
- Horseshoe Bend 1.5 mile with sandy hills and sandstone rock. The view is spectacular.
- 1.5 hour boat tour through lower Lake Powell for an up close and personal experience of Glen canyon, Navajo Sandstone, and slot canyons.
- Lower Antelope Canyon 2 hour hike & tour (entry fee included)
- Other majestic hiking areas along the Grand Escalante Staircase in the Moab National Forest land
What else in included:
- Yoga as the schedule permits (one or two practices on average)
- 4 days/ 3 nights hotel accommodation
- Continental Breakfast included Friday-Sunday
- Community/ lasting friendships
- Guided Hikes
- Lasting memories
What is not included:
- We will split gas cost amongst drivers (we do caravan for this trip). Though it is not required you are welcome to meet us there if you prefer.
- Thursday-Sunday lunches and dinner not included. There are a number of restaurants and grocery stores that we will stop at based on the group, however you are responsible for funding all your own meals (except breakfast)
- Souvenirs or any other specialty items that you may need.
- Tips for our Antelope Canyon Guide (Usually $5-$10 per person is recommended).
This trek is considered moderate and individuals should have some experience with hiking, maneuvering through sand, loose gravel footing, up and down steep ladders, and elevation changes. Some areas along the slot canyons can get very narrow to pass through and require some stooping or crawling.
Traveling to the Retreat
For those who wish we will caravan for this trip meeting in Gilbert at 8:30am and leaving promptly at 9am. We will have an expected arrival time on Sunday of 6pm.
**** Due to reservations and accommodations there will be no refunds on Deposits after January 15th. We will accept registration up to March 19th as long as space is available.
$225 deposit fee to guarantee your spot. All deposits go towards the total cost of the retreat. Final payment due no later then March 1st.
**** Every room will accommodate 4 people per room with 2 queen beds to share with another individual on the retreat. If you wish for your own bed, please specify in the notes section of PayPal when making your deposit. Please Note the price difference for this upgrade.
Total cost for the retreat/ adventure with a shared bed” $525 per person
Total cost for the retreat/ adventure with your own bed $645 per person